Hannover signs Brazilian midfielder Franca
HANNOVER, Germany (AP) — Hannover has signed defensive midfielder Franca from Brazilian side Coritiba.
The Bundesliga club says in a statement Sunday that the 21-year-old Franca, whose full name is Welington Wildy Muniz dos Santos, has agreed a deal until June 2016.
Franca had already completed a medical check-up and was to train with his new teammates for the first time on Tuesday.
Franca is Hannover's third singing of the winter transfer window, following on from the loan deal for Arsenal's Johan Djourou and the permanent deal for Duisburg's German youth international Andre Hoffmann.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures