Harding not feeling well, so Wild call up Kuemper
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Minnesota goalie Josh Harding has told the Wild he's feeling a little "off" from medication he takes to fight multiple sclerosis.
The Wild recalled goalie Darcy Kuemper from their AHL affiliate before Tuesday's game in Vancouver.
Harding had a shutout against Dallas but gave up five goals at Detroit and was pulled in the first period Jan. 30 against Chicago after giving up two scores on four shots. Harding was diagnosed with the disease this summer, but hadn't experienced any setbacks or complications before now.
General manager Chuck Fletcher told reporters in Vancouver he's pleased Harding was open and honest about his condition.
The Wild also reassigned defenseman Marco Scandella to the AHL, activated defenseman Jared Spurgeon off injured reserve and placed forward Matt Kassian on waivers.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims