Hawaiian kicks off flights to fourth Japanese city
HONOLULU (AP) — Hawaiian Airlines is launching its new service to Sapporo, Japan.
Hawaiian's inaugural flight to the city on the northern island of Hokkaido will leave Honolulu on Tuesday. The airline plans to fly to Sapporo's New Chitose Airport three times a week.
Sapporo is Hawaiian's fourth destination in Japan.
Hawaiian entered the Japanese market with a flight to Tokyo in November 2010. It later started flights to Osaka and Fukuoka.
Passengers on the inaugural flight will get to see a pre-flight ceremony featuring Hawaiian music and hula, a Japanese cultural performance and a traditional Hawaiian blessing. They'll also receive fresh flower lei.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say