Hawks cut James Anderson, Damion James
ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta Hawks have waived guard James Anderson and forward Damion James, reducing their roster to 14 players.
Anderson made one start in six preseason games and averaged 2.0 points.
James averaged 6.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists. He made two preseason starts while also appearing in six games.
Saturday's cuts could be the final moves before the season. Forward Anthony Tolliver, who has a non-guaranteed contract, appears to have won his battle for a roster spot.
The Hawks open the regular season on Friday against Houston.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'