Hawks sign Pargo to 10-day contract
ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta Hawks signed guard Jannero Pargo to a 10-day contract before facing the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday.
Injuries have depleted Atlanta's roster at guard with Lou Williams out the season and Devin Harris nursing a sprained left ankle.
Rookie John Jenkins made his first career start as guards DeShawn Stevenson (right knee) and Anthony Morrow (back) were game-time decisions.
The Timberwolves are still without coach Rick Adelman, who is tending to his sick wife. Forward Kevin Love (hand), center Nikola Pekovic (thigh) and guard Alexey Shved missed the game. Dante Cunningham (flu) was a game-time decision.
Pargo, a journeyman in his ninth NBA season, most recently played seven games for the Washington Wizards. In 50 games with Atlanta last season, Pargo averaged 5.6 points and 1.9 assists.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates