Hazard sanctioned for kicking ball boy
LONDON (AP) — Chelsea winger Eden Hazard has been charged by the Football Association for kicking a ball boy during a League Cup match.
The FA said the standard three-match suspension for violent conduct would be "clearly insufficient" and gave Hazard until Tuesday to respond to the charge.
Hazard was sent off for kicking a ball boy in the 79th minute of Wednesday's semifinal. The Belgian winger attempted to retrieve the ball after it rolled out of play.
The 17-year-old ball boy refused to return the ball promptly and dropped down on top of it. Hazard aimed a kick underneath the teenager to release the ball.
Hazard and ball boy Charlie Morgan apologized to each other after the match and were spoken to by police. Morgan's family doesn't intend to press charges.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims