Four die in crashes on Oklahoma roads
Four people died in separate accidents on Oklahoma roads, authorities said.
Four people died in separate crashes on state roads, authorities said.
• Miayi Mathis, 44
• Loyce Adeymi, 61
About 2:40 a.m. Saturday, Mathis was driving eastbound on NW 92 just west of Western Avenue in Oklahoma City.
Adeymi, her mother, was a passenger.
Mathis disregarded the flashing lights at the train crossing and a southbound train collided with the car, Oklahoma City police said.
Both women died at the scene, police said. Their hometowns were not available Saturday night.
Darrell McEntire, 53, Cleveland, OK
About 7:50 p.m. Friday, Darrell McEntire, 53, of Cleveland, OK, was driving west on Osage County Road 1200 just east of Osage County Road 1803.
His vehicle crossed the centerline and struck an eastbound pickup head-on, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
McEntire, who was wearing a seat belt, died at the scene, troopers said.
The pickup driver, Clinton Powell, 32, of Prue, was not hurt, troopers said.
Larry Linn Conley, 43, Miami, OK
About 12:30 a.m. Saturday, Conley was driving a motorcycle westbound on U.S. 69 about a mile west of Miami, OK, when the bike left the road and overturned, troopers said.
Conley died at the scene, troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad