Hearing canceled for Oklahoma State sex assault suspect
STILLWATER (AP) — A bond reduction hearing was called off for a suspended Oklahoma State student charged with sexual battery.
Wednesday's hearing in Payne County District Court for 22-year-old Nathan Cochran was canceled because Cochran posted the $100,000 bond Friday and was released. He is now due back in court on Jan. 7.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Cochran has pleaded not guilty to three counts of sexual battery. Prosecutors say Cochran molested or attempted to molest two fellow students while they slept in a dorm room.
OSU has drawn criticism for not immediately reporting the alleged incidents when they first came to light in November. Police say they didn't learn of the case until Dec. 6 when contacted for comment by the campus newspaper.
OSU has promised to review how it handled the claims.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort