Hearing set for 3 accused in Oklahoma toddler's death
BARTLESVILLE (AP) — An August preliminary hearing has been scheduled for the mother of a toddler and two others who are charged in the child's death.
KJRH-TV reports a Washington County judge ordered Ashley Williamson, Marcus Mitchell and Juanchelle Fitch on Tuesday to return to court Aug. 21.
Mitchell is charged with first-degree murder, Williamson is charged with child neglect and enabling child abuse and Fitch faces accessory after the fact and child neglect counts in the death of Williamson's 15-month-old daughter, Emma Warmebrodt.
Authorities began investigating Feb. 24 after emergency responders found Emma unresponsive at a residence in Dewey. The medical examiner determined she died “as a result of blunt trauma.”
Attorneys for Mitchell and Williamson couldn't be reached for comment. Fitch's attorney didn't immediately return a message seeking comment.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation