Hearing set for Oklahoma man accused in deaths of 5
EL RENO, Okla. — A hearing has been scheduled for an Oklahoma man set to go to trial Monday in the 2009 deaths of his ex-girlfriend and her four children.
EL RENO — A hearing has been scheduled for an Oklahoma man set to go to trial Monday in the 2009 deaths of his ex-girlfriend and her four children.
NewsOK Related Articles
Friday's hearing for 29-year-old Joshua Durcho was announced in an email Thursday afternoon from the prosecutor, Canadian County Assistant District Attorney Paul Hesse. The email did not describe the nature of the hearing and Hesse did not return a telephone call from The Associated Press seeking comment.
Durcho is charged with five counts of first-degree murder for the deaths of 25-year-old Summer Rust and her children — 3-year-old Evynn Garas, 4-year-old Teagin Rust and 7-year-old daughters Kirsten and Autumn Rust — in the family's El Reno apartment.
All of the victims were strangled.
Durcho has pleaded not guilty. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena