Heart Attack Grill spokesman dies of heart attack
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The unofficial spokesman for the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas has died of a heart attack.
The Las Vegas Sun reports (http://bit.ly/12HUXqT ) that 52-year-old John Alleman suffered a heart attack last week while waiting at a bus stop in front of the diner. He was taken off life support Monday.
The medically-themed restaurant is famous for its huge hamburgers, extra-fat milkshakes and fries cooked in lard. It uses the tagline, “taste worth dying for.”
Owner Jon Basso told the Sun that Alleman came to the diner every day. He became an unofficial mascot, and his caricature as “patient John” graced the front of the diners' menus.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates