Heart health among American Indian community will be focus of powwow in Oklahoma
The American Heart Association will present Honoring the Beat of Life, an intertribal powwow, on Saturday in Concho. The goal of the powwow is to encourage American Indians to learn more about controlling blood pressure and preventing heart disease.
CONCHO — A powwow on Saturday will focus on teaching people about the importance of heart health.
The American Heart Association will present Honoring the Beat of Life, an intertribal powwow, on Saturday at the Concho Community Hall.
Rachel Crawford, director of Native American outreach for the American Heart Association, said this is the first time that the American Heart Association has held a powwow in Oklahoma....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims