Heart of Dallas Bowl: Purdue coach Patrick Higgins enjoying the interim ride while it lasts
Future employment is uncertain. Higgins just concentrating getting Boilermakers ready to play Oklahoma State on Tuesday.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Higgins attended William Penn University and became its head coach at age 28. Higgins eventually coached at Columbia and Shepherd College before UTEP, then Louisiana Tech and Brigham Young after UTEP.
“As a coach, you know what this business is about, so you kind of learn how to segment,” Higgins said. “‘This is a time of the day that I'm very focused on the kids, getting the game plan ready, cultivating an attitude of that one-game season.'
“And then you take a little bit of time for yourself. ‘OK, let's go figure out what you're gonna do. It's just all part of the job.
“I know tomorrow, I'm gonna get up, work out, have a great day, come here and coach again. I'm a 24-hour guy right now. So it's awesome.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister