Heisman finalists: Manziel, Te'o and Klein
NEW YORK (AP) — Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o and Kansas quarterback Collin Klein are the finalists for the Heisman Trophy.
NewsOK Related Articles
Manziel is the favorite to win college football's most famous player of the award when it is presented Saturday night in New York. He would be the first freshman to win the Heisman and the first Texas A&M player since halfback John David Crow won the school's only Heisman in 1957.
Te'o is trying to become the first defense-only player to win a Heisman and the eighth player from Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish have had seven Heisman winners, tied for the most, but none since Tim Brown in 1987.
Klein would be the first player from Kansas State to win the Heisman.
The finalists were announced on Monday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?