Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace- Parties, Etc.-April 1st
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: April 1, 2012
Dinner/awards: The Oklahoma Humanities Awards were presented recently at a dinner at the Oklahoma History Center. Winners were Alvin Turner, Oklahoma Humanities Award; Oklahoma Gazette, Community Support Award; Bill Corbett, Public Humanities Awards; Catherine Webster, Community Leadership Award; Rector Johnson Middle School, Humanities in Education Award; Tapestry Tour of Five Historic Sites in Southwest Oklahoma, Outstanding OHC Project. Each recipient received a glass award.
Program: Ann Thompson, David Pettyjohn and Brenda Porton were masters of ceremonies.
Seen: Meg Salyer, Bob Blackburn, Betty Price, Randy Lewis, Melvin Moran, Joyce and Bailey McBride, Renata and Chuck Wiggin, B.J. Wexler, Mary Blankenship Pointer.
Birthday party: Joy Richardson, Carolyn Hall and Karen Ingram celebrated their birthdays together with a party in Richardson's beautiful new home.
Ambience: Paintings by the hostess were hung on the walls. In Richardson's art studio she had a number of paintings that were ready for the 2012 Arts Festival.
People: Janie Comstock, Marsha Zahn, Betsy Thorpe, Sharon McCown, Terry Bradley, Carol Sue Manley, Kaye Cook, Pam Smith, Jane Thompson, Terri Cooper, Mary Ann Malone, Bette MacKellar, Susan McPherson, Kay Oliver, Mary England and Gale Bollinger.
HERE COMES SANTA FE
Private showing/reception: Linda and Ken Howell and Susan and Peter Hoffman were hosts for a private showing of works by painter Boris Chetkov (1926-2010) at The Howell Gallery. The Russian modernist's art is from the Pushkin Gallery, Santa Fe, N.M. Kenneth Pushkin attended the party.