Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3847Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3552OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace- Parties, Etc.-April 8th
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: April 8, 2012
CELEBRATION OF THE CENTURY
CELEBRATION OF THE CENTURY
Centennial party: Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club members celebrated the 100th anniversary of the club recently at a party. The club's wonderful accounts of the past 100 years were featured on revolving photo cubes hung from the ceiling; on TV screens throughout the club, tickertape comments running in one room and a video with 450 photos plus photos and lighted ribbons at the entryway. Chuck Ainsworth is club president and was the speaker for the evening.
History: Author Bob Burke and the club are publishing a Centennial Book and the party is the last chapter of the book. The book covers the history since the club's founding in 1912. Huston Huffman was chairman of history- gathering committee.
Ambiance: A tent was set in front of the club and champagne cocktails and hors d'oeuvres were served.
After dinner: A huge array of desserts was served in Harry's Bar.
Celebration committee: Sue Ann Hyde, Susan Parker, Martha Williams, Candy Ainsworth, Katherine Buxton, Melissa Brown, Marilyn Balyeat, Gene Barth, Linda Garrett, Susan Hoffman, Brenda McDaniel and Kathy Walker.
JUNIOR LEAGUE LUNCHEON
Member luncheon: The annual Junior League Member Luncheon was held at Quail Creek Golf and Country Club and honored three of its members. Award winners were Jeary Seikel, Sustainer of the Year Award; Meg Salyer, Mary Baker Rumsey Award; and Ranell Brown (posthumously), President's Spirit of Commitment Award. Whitney Tero is league president.
Tables: Flower bouquets of four colors of roses decorated the tables and stage. At the front of the room, small tables held a photo of the honoree, a bouquet of red roses and a guest book for signing. The league's scrapbooks, which have just been completed, were available for members to see.
At the podium: Tero welcomed guests and presented the Spirit of Commitment Award and luncheon Co-Chairmen Christi Woodworth and Beth Kerr presented the other two awards. Video presentations about the honorees were shown.
Occasion: The spring luncheon for the Ladies Golf Association at Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club was held at the club.
Agenda: Activities for the golf season and new officers were announced. Officers are Julie Hall, president; Jill Dobbins, vice president; Melody Brown, secretary-treasurer; Jane Crain, sports chairman; Cindy Arnold, Melissa Coleman, Vicki English, tournament chairmen; and Jill Brown, past president. New 18-hole Golf Association directories were available.
Share this on Facebook
Videoview all videos
Apr 6Hilarie Blaney, a corporate etiquette consultant and...