Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7150OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6514Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5059Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties, Etc.: Aug. 26
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: August 26, 2012
MRS. OKLAHOMA SEND-OFF RECEPTION
Party: Friends and family members of Joy Rose Murphy gathered at IAO Gallery for a send-off party for her. She is competing in the Mrs. America 2012 contest in Tucson, Ariz., this week The event is at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.
Touched with sparkle: To the reception Mrs. Oklahoma wore a Cachet sequined dress which was sponsored by Dillard's, Penn Square.
Menu: Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres prepared by Murphy's brother, Chef Jonathan Groth, were served at the cocktail party. The menu included lobster bisque, shrimp cocktail, beef tenderloin and Portobello mushrooms, watermelon, ahi tuna and jalapeno skewers and crab wontons.
Highlights: Party centerpieces provided guests with a photo card of Mrs. Oklahoma to be autographed during the event. Her crown and sash were on display as well as her outfits for the evening gown and interview competitions for the pageant. Also on display was the hawk costume that she will wear to represent Oklahoma.
There she is: When she went to the stage the honoree thanked her friends and family for their help and then introduced the evening's entertainment.
Entertainment: There was a special performance by Lola & Sparkle, a musical comedy act.
Meeting and greeting: At the party were her daughter, Noelle Kathleen Murphy; her parents, Louise and John Groth, who helped plan the party; Mrs. Oklahoma 2004 Lanae Pierce; Mrs. Oklahoma 2009 Heather Rouba; Mrs. Oklahoma 2010 Alyssa Siler; and Scott Wells, president and general manager of Remington Park.
Dinner: Lucy Beeler celebrated her 90th birthday all day recently. Her children, Barbara and Bud Beeler, Diana and Jeff Beeler and Kay Blake entertained family members at dinner in the Wine Room of the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club, and a birthday party was held in her honor at Canterbury Living Center.