Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14352Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12637Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11750OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10003Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8992Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7499Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7296Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5240Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4958Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4288'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace- Parties, Etc.- Dec. 16
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: December 16, 2012
Meeting and greeting: Shannon and Kyle Story, Gary Johnson, Brandi Garner, Jennifer and Cody Machala, Kord Hammert, Chuck Simons, Josh Brim, John West and James Cates were among the guests.
COME ALL YE MEMBERS
Event: The members' party for the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club featured a Winter Wonderland theme. In the front entryway was a white forest with snow-covered branches, artificial snow and twinkling lights. A classical quartet played holiday music. The Great Hall of the club was transformed into an Alpine Chalet Village with backdrops from the ceiling to the floor. There was a bistro, complete with its own fireplace, and French windows. The traditional 30-foot live Christmas tree was set in the center of the Great Hall.
Food: An Asian table with a dragon carved in ice was surrounded with fresh seafood. There was also a sushi table and Saki bar. Another room featured an iron gazebo surrounded by lighted Christmas trees and lanterns and candles on one side and multiple chandeliers shaped like snowflakes on the other. There was a Charcuterie display where the Club's chef sliced and cut meats.
Dessert table: Homemade candies, petit fours and fresh beignets were served and there were hanging crystal drops filled with chocolate truffles.
deadCENTER BOARD'S PARTY
Who: Members of the deadCENTER Film Festival board of directors had a holiday party in the home of Karen Delaney. deadCENTER is Oklahoma's largest Film Festival, and the name deadCENTER refers to the festival's geographic location in the center of the country.
New board members: New members of the 22-member board are Susan Dunham, Jay Hannah, Dick Tannenbaum, Carol Johnson, Ryan Johnston, Lenice Keim and Judy Federa. Xavier Neira is the new board chairman.
CHARTER 35 LUNCHEON
Occasion: Charter 35, a group of professional women who have been having a monthly luncheon for 25 years, met at JRB Art at The Elms, and Patty Roloff and Joy Reed Belt were hosts.
Lunch: The menu included couscous salad with sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts and thyme, grilled salmon and M.J. Van Deventer-Shelton's rum cake.
Guests: Among those at the event were Regina Murphy, Pat Murphy Newman, Yvonne Kauger, Carol Beesley, Karen Klontz, Kelley Barnes, Meg Salyer, Marion Paden, Liz Eickman, Betty Rogers Johnson, Lou Kerr, Cynthia Archiniaco, Joan Gilmore, Linda Haneborg, Cynthia Cope, Jane Carney, Linda Edmondson and Nedra Funk.
Share this on Facebook
Videoview all videos
Dec 13A number of artists have created special pieces for the...