Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5647Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5641Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 5457Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace- Parties, Etc.- Dec. 9
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: December 9, 2012
Tree-lighting: Members of the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club were at the club recently for a party and the lighting of the Christmas tree. Afterward, members and their children and grandchildren enjoyed cookies and candies. Holiday eggnog and Tom and Jerry's drinks for the adults were served. A dinner buffet followed.
Music menu: Singers from Oklahoma City University sang Christmas carols.
Children's party: Children of members of the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club enjoyed the annual children's party with Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus. They decorated cookies, had their faces painted for the holidays and enjoyed watching clowns create balloon sculptures.
Party favors: Santa passed out Christmas stockings filled with candy and fruit and stuffed holiday bears.
COOK AND EAT
Luncheon: The Oklahoman Opinion Editor J.E. McReynolds and his wife, novelist Mary Hicks McReynolds, invited friends to their Chimney Hill home for a healthy lunch and discussion with Mary Granger. Granger is an American medicinal cook who has studied cooking here and abroad and is the author of a cookbook. She also teaches food classes in the metro area and prepares daily/weekly meals for students/clients
Menu: Granger prepared red lentil soup, orzo salad, sauteed dulse, spanakopita, steamed Kabocha squash, mixed greens and blackberry/ cranberry cobbler. The McReynolds' kitchen was the setting for cooking and demonstrating.
Guests: Among the guests were Father Michael Robertson, Peg Morrissey, Debbie Finity, Lynn Cherry, Jana and Bob Finigan, Carri and Gordon Taylor, Sarah Frantz, Jane Deighton and John Granger.
'TIS THE SEASON
Party: Carey Sue and Ricardo Vega entertained with a Christmas party in their home.
Ambience: A Nativity scene village was set up throughout the house. The couple's snow globe collection and a bouquet of red and white lilies and evergreens were the table centerpiece.
Menu: The Vegas prepared the food for the party, which included pork tenderloin, chicken and bacon bites, sausage balls, baked Brie and Guava, seafood salad, shrimp, ham and salad. There was also tomato/mozzarella, cream cheese with cranberry salsa, hummus and dips. Carey Sue's sister, Audrey Seeliger, made gingerbread boy cookies, iced Christmas-shaped cookies, fudge and an old family recipe of rum balls. Champagne punch was served.