Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7081Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5938Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5914Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace--Parties, Etc.---Jan. 13
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: January 13, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR
New Year's Brunch: The annual black-eyed pea New Year's Brunch was held at the JRB Art at the Elms Gallery. Guests checked out the artwork of Ford Beckman in the Main Gallery while enjoying Champagne, mimosas and Bloody Marys.
Menu/centerpiece: Black-eyed peas with condiments was one of the main dishes, along with ham and biscuits, vinegary Coleslaw, southern cornbread and deviled eggs. A bouquet of hydrangeas was on the buffet table, which was also set up in the Main Gallery. Desserts, including rum cake with whipped cream and strawberries, and dark chocolate and caramel brownies, were served.
Surprise guest: Judy Savage brought Rossi, her standard poodle. She has just written a book about the therapy dog and the book was available in the Art Gallery.
Guests: Kay and Andy Lasser, Bonnie and Bert Seabourn, Gwen and Rick Lippert, Joyce and Tom Stewart, Maryann and Bob McCaffree, Linda and Jerry Barnett, Lee Ann and Mike Nordin, Don Weaver, Lillie-Beth Brinkman, Betsy and Dub Brunstetter, Dorothy and Walter Hammert, Judy and Larry Kelley, Nancy and Bob Anthony, Jan Jeffrey, Barbara Broadwell, Gail Vines, Charlene Weidell, Sue Loftis, Sally Davis, Anne and Barry Gray, Kaye Adams, Beth Hammack, Cynthia Archiniaco, Carmen, Chelsea and Carter McBride.
Party: Members of the Mercy Health Foundation board met for a party at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club. They were asked to wear vintage holiday outfits.
Decorations: Christmas trees decorated the tables, along with whimsical reindeer.