Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace--Parties, Etc.---Jan. 13
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: January 13, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR
New Year's Brunch: The annual black-eyed pea New Year's Brunch was held at the JRB Art at the Elms Gallery. Guests checked out the artwork of Ford Beckman in the Main Gallery while enjoying Champagne, mimosas and Bloody Marys.
Menu/centerpiece: Black-eyed peas with condiments was one of the main dishes, along with ham and biscuits, vinegary Coleslaw, southern cornbread and deviled eggs. A bouquet of hydrangeas was on the buffet table, which was also set up in the Main Gallery. Desserts, including rum cake with whipped cream and strawberries, and dark chocolate and caramel brownies, were served.
Surprise guest: Judy Savage brought Rossi, her standard poodle. She has just written a book about the therapy dog and the book was available in the Art Gallery.
Guests: Kay and Andy Lasser, Bonnie and Bert Seabourn, Gwen and Rick Lippert, Joyce and Tom Stewart, Maryann and Bob McCaffree, Linda and Jerry Barnett, Lee Ann and Mike Nordin, Don Weaver, Lillie-Beth Brinkman, Betsy and Dub Brunstetter, Dorothy and Walter Hammert, Judy and Larry Kelley, Nancy and Bob Anthony, Jan Jeffrey, Barbara Broadwell, Gail Vines, Charlene Weidell, Sue Loftis, Sally Davis, Anne and Barry Gray, Kaye Adams, Beth Hammack, Cynthia Archiniaco, Carmen, Chelsea and Carter McBride.
Party: Members of the Mercy Health Foundation board met for a party at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club. They were asked to wear vintage holiday outfits.
Decorations: Christmas trees decorated the tables, along with whimsical reindeer.