Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace-Parties, Etc.-March 10
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: March 10, 2013
PARTY FOR LEIGH AND NICK
Party: A cocktail reception honored Leigh Hefner and Nick Bentley at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club. Guests wore cocktail attire and danced to Dave and the Wavetones. The couple were married in a small family wedding at St. Edward the Confessor Chapel at Casady School, which they both attended.
Theme: The country club was decorated in a wintry forest theme with white flowers and glittering branches and with the tables holding twig and moss nests with bird eggs signifying “New Beginnings.”
Leigh: She wore a strapless champagne gold dress with a flared tulle skirt.
Special touch: Nick surprised Leigh with a special song during the party.
Mr. and Mrs. Bentley: They will live in Oklahoma City where both are involved with their family businesses.
THE BRITISH WERE HERE
Dinner: Anna Somers Cocks and Desmond Shawe-Taylor, two members of the London art community, were in town recently as part of the Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center lecture series. They talked in the Chesapeake Blue Room and were entertained afterward at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club at a dinner given by Mary Ann Prior and Ghislain d'Humieres. Shawe-Taylor is Collection Manager for H M Queen Elizabeth II and Cocks is founding editor and CEO of The Art Newspaper.
Other activities: The honorees visited the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art and the Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center in Oklahoma City and the Fred Jones Jr. Museum in Norman. They went to the Philbrook and the Gilcrease Museums in Tulsa, spent the night at the Price Tower in Bartlesville and visited the Crystal Bridges in Bentonville, Ark.
HONORING LESLIE AND DUSTIN
Occasion: A party honored Leslie Fretwell and Dustin Hester, who plan to be married in April. Hosts were Pam and Bill Shdeed, Lynn and Dr. Ron White, Phyllis Stough, Lois and Dr. John Salmeron, Ellie Roberts and Marilyn Smotherman in the Shdeed home. The women are in a Friday Lunch Bunch with Leslie's mother, Barbara Fretwell.