Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4211Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3402Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3381Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties, Etc.: Oct. 14
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: October 14, 2012
Party: Len Casteel was honored at a retirement cocktail reception at the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club. He was the golf pro for many years and is retiring after 37 years at the country club. The event was attended by 250 members.
Speakers: Several people, including John W. Coyle, Bud Beeler, Drew Neville, Mike Kelly, Chuck Ainsworth and Patty Casteel talked about the honoree.
Gift: He was presented an honorary membership to the country club.
Menu: A golf-themed chocolate sheet cake was on the menu, along with roasted turkey, dijon beef, coconut shrimp and vegetable spring rolls.
What/where: Gaillardia Golf & Country Club Executive Chef Brett Mashore cooked whole king salmon on cedar planks over an open charcoal pit as well as strip loin, pork loin, strip steaks, corn on the cob, grilled asparagus, roasted new potatoes recently at a special event at Gaillardia.
Theme: There was a beach theme for the 200 guests, complete with gas lanterns, sand, fishermen nets, seashells and candles. The party was held indoors in the ballroom and outdoors on the lawn and around the fire pit. This was the fifth year Gaillardia has hosted the Salmon Bake.
Band: Squad Live played for dancing.
23rd PATHMAKER AWARDS
Luncheon: The Oklahoma City/County Historical Society had the 23rd annual Pathmaker Awards luncheon at the Jim Thorpe Association.
Inductees: Wanda Jackson, Leroy Bridges, Eddie Griffin. Two recipients, Anthony Shadid and Nicholas Reding, were honored posthumously. The Distinguished Service Award was given to the Girls Scouts of Oklahoma-Western District. Bill Welge, OKCCHS board president, presented the plaques to honorees and/or family members and Dr. James Caster, board member, read the citations.
Occasion: More than 200 state and local business executives, elected officials and horse-racing industry leaders attended the reception held at the Silks Restaurant at Remington Park during RP's Oklahoma Derby Preview Party and Community Expo. Guests were served hors d'oeuvres prepared by Chef Roland Hernandez. The party was held in conjunction with the thoroughbred racing season and Oklahoma Derby Week. Other activities during the week included a charity golf tournament, Oklahoma Horse Racing Hall of Fame induction ceremony and banquet, a Derby-style hat contest and a disco party.