Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3925Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3685Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3113Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties, Etc.: Oct. 28
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: October 28, 2012
CAUSE TO CELEBRATE
Brunch: Lizanne Reger was honoree at a brunch and baby shower. Hostesses were Kris Weir and Mary Price and their daughters, Meg Weir and Eileen Everest, in the Price home. Lizanne and her husband, Joe Reger, live in Washington. Guests voted whether they thought the baby who will be born in December would be a girl or a boy.
Gift: The hostesses gave the honoree a silver baby spoon from Tiffany's.
Guests: Linda Garrett, Betty Jane Garrett, Abby Garrett, Nancy Anthony, Tina Beal, Ashley Black, Sally Black, Burke Beck, Peggy Duncan, Reistle Cohenour, Anne Graves, Linda Klos, Jennifer Klos, Lindsey Parke, Berta Faye Rex, Carol Taylor, Lauren Paternostro, Shirley Kirschner, Becky Buchanan and Alison Taylor were at the party.
TOAST THE BRIDE
Party: Liz Eickman, who plans to marry Marvin Quinn in December, was honored at a “Toast The Bride” event in the home of Gayle Semtner. Toasts were given by Wendy Simpson, Pat Gallagher and Kay Goebel.
Decor: Bouquets of roses were set around the house and a large engagement ring balloon greeted guests.
Perfect entertainment: Questions and answers were posted throughout the house such as “How did they meet?” Answer: “Rowing.” Guests enjoyed finding out the facts since some of them were surprised about the wedding plans.
Menu: Petits fours and Champagne was served.
Seen: Kim Stapeton, Cynthia Cope, Gennie Johnson, Jenifer Houston, Julia Kirk, Emilykay Mitchelson, Robbie Kienzle, Lynn Watson, Nancy Sharrock, Joy Reed Belt and Tiana Douglas were among the guests.
SOCK IT TO ME
Occasion: A 60th anniversary cocktail reception for family owned McCubbin Hosiery was held at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club. Hosts were Mark and David McCubbin, grandsons of the founder. They greeted guests as they arrived and were joined by other family members, including D'Arline McCubbin, Marta McCubbin, Sarah and Alison McCubbin, Ashley McCubbin, Kimberly and Austin Heape and Becky McCubbin.
Decorations: A hosiery machine from 1915 sat at the front door of the country club. There was also a company timeline, company catalogs from the 1960s, portraits of Richard McCubbin and Chester McCubbin. Centerpieces were yarn cones (used for knitting) filled with flowers. Leg forms with assorted socks decorated the bar area.
Take away treats: Party favors were anniversary socks designed for the occasion.
Cake: A chiffon cake designed in the shape of the “leg lamp” from the movie “A Christmas Story” was served.