Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6130Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 6065Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties, Etc.: Sept. 23
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: September 23, 2012
Party: A prenuptial shower given by Jeanne Bronson honored Michelle Durrett, who was scheduled to marry Jeremy Whitlow on Saturday Sept. 22 in Oklahoma City.
Menu: The afternoon event featured a variety of desserts including cupcakes and mini Bundt cakes.
Gifts: Guests brought everything from the couple's patterns in bowls and serving dishes to a crystal bowl from Ireland. There was also a silver picture frame with the wedding date engraved on it from the honoree's PEO group.
Attending: Becky Skidmore, Claudia Kovar, Cindy White, Kari Webster, Diana Drazen, Berta Fay Rex, Marloana Pitts, Patricia Robinson and Jordan Oglesby.
Kitchen/linen shower: A party honored Kara Keeton in the home of Katie Treadwell. Kara and Justin Rice will be married in October in Florida. Co-hostesses were Susan Bernardy, Kristin Carson, Hillary Jenney, Erica Keeton, Johannah Kersey, Robin Mason, Karen Mayfield, Susie Parker, Treadwell and Lori Williams.
Food/flowers: Chicken salad and cucumber sandwiches were served along with cheese and various dips. Ivory petit fours inscribed with J and K in coral and seafoam and chocolate cookies were served for dessert. The centerpiece on the dining room table featured coral and white roses. White hydrangeas filled a tall vase floating on top of a vase of seashells representing the seaside wedding theme.
Seen: Judy Keeton, Lana Lopez, Sharon Jarrard, Mary Reeves, Jana McNeil, Phyllis Battle and Ellen Battle.
PI BETA PHI ALUMNI KICKOFF PARTY
Event: Members of Pi Beta Phi Alumni met at Ruth Meyers Inc. Hostess was Cindy Shelby and the theme was “Friendship and Fashion Matter.”
Speakers: President Dee Richardson told about the Pi Beta Phi National Awards won by Betty Huckabay and Hilarie Blaney. The group's awards at the National Convention were Club of Excellence, Excellence in Communication and Top Ten Pi Beta Phi Foundation Contributor.
Fashion show: Shelby, owner of Ruth Meyers and a member of the group, reviewed fashion trends for fall with informal modeling and prizes.
Seen: Bette MacKellar, Maggie Miller, Sharon Willis, Millonn Lilly, Janice Lisko, Kittye Little, Katie Puckett, Britton Green, Raegan King, Linda Rodgers, Nancy Berry, Beth Hammack, Lauren Ferguson, Libby Denner, Laurel Hall, Aimee Harlow and Mary Reneau.