Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3847Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3552OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties Etc.
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: May 4, 2012
WEDDINGS AND BAPTISMS
Reception: The Chapel of St. Edward the Confessor at Casady School was the scene for a reception to celebrate the 185 baptisms and 336 weddings that have taken place in the chapel during the past 65 years. The event themed “Hatched and Matched” celebration is one of the many events being held during Casady's 85th anniversary year.
Snapped: Photos were taken at the event and printed on the spot. The brides took pictures with a wedding bouquet of flowers and children could stand in front of the baptismal font.
Cake: Wedding cake and punch was served.
Committee: Tom Kilpatrick, Dannie Bea Hightower, Johnson Hightower, D'Arline McCubbin, David Sapper, Laura Lang, Betty Jane Garrett and Father Charles Blizzard.
Chris, 2, Leigh, Jake, 6, and Russ Woody; James, 4, Adrienne, Grace, 2, and David Elder. PHOTO BY DAVID FAYTINGER, FOR THE OKLAHOMAN
Johnson Hightower, Dannie Bea Hightower, David Sapper, D'Arline McCubbin, Tom Kilpatrick. PHOTO BY DAVID FAYTINGER, FOR THE OKLAHOMAN
CELEBRATING SUL LEE
Dinner: Molly Shi Boren and David L. Boren were hosts, along with members of the Bizzell Library Society, for a dinner honoring Sul Lee upon his retirement as dean of the University of Oklahoma Libraries. He has been there for 30 years. The event was in the Peggy V. Helmerich Great Reading Room of the Bizzell Memorial Library. The Bizzell Library Society was founded during Dean Lee's leadership, and he has been instrumental in building the library endowment.
Sculpture: President Boren unveiled a sculpture of Lee by artist Paul Moore that will be near the west entrance of the library.
Speakers: Sherri Coale, OU Women's Basketball Coach, spoke about leadership, a trait she said she admired in Lee. President Boren, in a tribute to Lee, talked about the growth and transformation of the library and major book collections. Bill Paul, Bizzell Library Society president, presided.
Seen: Jemee Lee, Melissa Lee, Toby Nelson.
Sherri Coale, Sul Lee. PHOTO BY STEVE SISNEY, THE OKLAHOMAN
Jemee Lee, Ralph Thompson, Jose Freede. PHOTO BY STEVE SISNEY, THE OKLAHOMAN
Jane Harlow, Paul Moore. PHOTO BY STEVE SISNEY, THE OKLAHOMAN
AT THE RACES
Luncheon: Junior League board members met at Remington Park for a Quarter Horse Race Day. They awarded the “Junior League of Oklahoma Board of Directors Purse” for the fourth race. President-elect Cristi Reiger was hostess for the day.