Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5124Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5057Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4620UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties, Etc.:Jan. 27
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: January 27, 2013
Inaugural dinner: Dr. Thomas H. Flesher III was inducted as the 113th President of the Oklahoma County Medical Society. The dinner was at the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club. The Straight Shooters played for entertainment and dancing.
Decorations: Centerpieces were tall vases filled with white dendrobium and cymbidium orchids surrounded by candles.
Special award: Dr. Tomas P. Owens presented the Don F. Rhinehart, M.D., Community Award to Dr. Roxie M. Albrecht.
Guests: At the party were Joni Flesher, Becky and Dr. Dewayne Andrews, Kathy and Dr. Larry Bookman, Yvonne Kauger, Dr. Jay Cannon, Diane and Dr. Bob Cooke, Amy and Dr. Roy Bankhead, Diane and Dr. Royice Everett, Jenny and Dr. David Kallenberger, Christina Nihira, Barbara and Dr. Mason Jett, Dr. R. Murali Krishna, Leslie and Dr. Scott Samara, Penelope and Dr. Nabil Srouji, Jana Timberlake, John Douglas, Jennifer and Dr. Troy Tortorici, Suzanne and Dr. Robert Reynolds.
Executive committee: On the executive committee are Dr. Flesher, president; Dr. Julie Strebel Hager, president-elect; Dr. C. Douglas Folger, vice-president; Dr. Don L. Wilber, secretary-treasurer, and Dr. Owens, outgoing president.
Reception: Jan Schechter, the 2013 American Mothers Inc. Oklahoma Mother of the Year; Sherry Sage, Young Mother of the Year; and Alyssa Trepagnier, Mother of Achievement; were honored at a reception in the home of Connell and Cliff Branan. Connell is AMI national president. Nominations were accepted through Nov. 15. Honorees were selected in a process determined by the national office of AMI. Oklahoma AMI members and community judges, who are not members of AMI, were on the selection committee. Shelly Soliz is AMI Oklahoma president.
Guests: Soliz, Kathy Walker, Carrie and Ryan Leonard, Connie and Doug Fox, Sherri Boyd, Irene Costilow, Rebecca Thompson, Annabelle Wiedemann, Cheri Fuller, Marilyn and Leonard Sullivan, Lela and Mark Sullivan, Cynde Collins-Clark, Stacy Cline, Miki Farris, Pam Kanaly, Mona Long, Barbara and Ralph Thompson, Jackie and Dennis Trepagnier, Michael Trepagnier, Leslie Brown, Betty Isbill, and the Rev. John Marlin.
Special day: On April 2, the AMI honorees will be at the state Capitol for a noon ceremony and afterward they will speak to the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
ALLIANCE INSTALLATION/ LUNCHEON
Incoming officer luncheon: Members of the Oklahoma County Medical Society Alliance celebrated the installation of a new president, officers and board members at a luncheon at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art Cafe. The event followed the installation ceremony at the Federal Courthouse in the Ceremonial Court Room. U.S. District Judge Tim DeGiusti, friend of incoming president Suzanne Reynolds, presided. Officers and board members took the oath of office.