Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties, Etc.:March 3
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: March 3, 2013
SPECIAL DINNER PARTY
Occasion: A group of local people was honored at a special five-course dinner hosted by staff members of KCSC FM-90.1 classical radio station. Their contributions to the station prompted the dinner.
Honorees: The honorees included Margaret Freede Owens, Jose Freede, Kurt Fleischfresser, Jeannette and Dick Sias and Teresa and Charles Brekke.
Dinner/Decor: The event was at Cafe do Brasil in the event center where cocktails, including a special drink concocted with Brazilian rum, were served. Tall vases of red lilies and flowering branches were on the tables. Dinner was a special menu inspired by Cafe do Brasil chef and owner Ana Davis. She noted on the menu card that “this menu is inspired by the Amazon cuisine that I was exposed to on my last trip to Brazil, where I worked with so many different vegetables, roots, tubers and bulbs and discovered the flavors, textures and uniqueness of this enchanted cuisine.”
The entree was a mixed seafood and peppers dish cooked in palm oil and coconut infused with malagueta peppers, served over crispy polenta. The soup was a creamy, roasted acorn squash soup with homemade beef jerky and queso fresco croutons. Salad was Jicama, beets, sweet potatoes, yams, cayote, malanga, boniato and leeks topped with honey apple cider dressing.
Dessert: This dessert has to be the best one ever — passion fruit mousse topped with a rich Chambord-infused chocolate cream sauce! (I don't know all of the ingredients, but you need to try it!)
Music: The University of Central Oklahoma's Leadership Quartet provided music for the evening. Susan Clark, KCSC development officer, gave the introductions.
Seen: Larry Davis, Leah and Larry Westmoreland, Peggy and Del Boyles, Edwina and Jason Johnston, Peggy and Jim Bruce, Karen and Charlie Johnson, Brad Ferguson and Terry Clark were among the guests.
Dinner: At the Academy Awards Watch Party at Grand House, 140 people enjoyed such food dishes, titled after nominated movies, such as “Lincoln,” “Abra'Ham and cheese Lincoln,” ham and cheese; “Life of Pi,” “Life of Pie” pie; “Les Miserables,” “Les Mis Low Mein” low mein; “Zero Dark Thirty,” Zero mini-candy bars, and “Argo,” “EscArgo” snails/fish.
Committee: Committee members for the event were Kevin WInsell, Charlie Monnot, Karen Kurtz, Kym Koch and Paul James.
At the party: Many actors and directors of local theater attended, arriving at 6 p.m. for the Red Carpet event, including Billie Thrash, Erin Woods, Tyler Woods, Renee Anderson, Lyn Cramer, Matthew Sipress, Elin Baird.