Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7475Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6996Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6363UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace:Parties, Etc.: Aug. 5
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: August 5, 2012
Fiesta: A fiesta-themed party honored Carole Kelley, who is leaving Oklahoma City for Washington, D.C., where her husband, Ed Kelley, is The Washington Times editor. Carole was one of three founders of Harding Charter Preparatory High School in 2003 and has been Head of School for the past two years. Harding was named top public high school in Oklahoma this year by U.S. News & World Report.
Hostess: The Kelleys' daughter, Maureen LeBlanc, was hostess.
Menu: Ted's Escondido Restaurant catered the Mexican food, and dessert was brightly colored cupcakes.
Seen: Janet Barresi, Hilarie and Kevin Blaney, Lela and Mark Sullivan, Cassie Bowen, Richard Caram, Jackie Jones, Brian Davis and Judy Federa.
SHOWER FOR LAURA
Event: Laura Kirkpatrick was honored at a baby shower in the home of Lindsey Newcomb. Hostesses were Emily Blaschke, Lauren Brollier, Niki Fitzpatrick, Adrienne Husted and Newcomb. Laura and Austin Kirkpatrick's baby is due in September.
Gift: The hostesses gave her a pink Herend figurine rabbit.
Seen: Laure Everest, Anna Homsey, Naureen Hubbard, Katharine Regens, Lisa Kloberdanz and Ruth Ann Regens.
Party: Amelia, Pierce, 8, and baby Charlie Atwill, 3 months. were honorees at a morning brunch in the home of Lil Ross. Daughter Molly Fritch was co-hostess. The Atwills are visiting from Richmond, Va., and it's the first time the baby, son of Amelia and Charlie Atwill, has been here to visit grandparents Debby and Paul Dudman, and great-grandparents Pat and Byron Gambulos.
Invitation: The invitation noted “Charlie is really at his best when he gets lots of rest. You'll see that he is really flirty between half past ten to twelve-thirty.” (He slept through the entire party.)
Menu: Cookies, sandwiches, a variety of cheese and fruit were served to the guests.
People: Among the mothers, grandmothers and children were Debby Dudman, Brenda Bishop, Heather Ross, Marty Margo, Joanie Yoakam, Sarah Yoakam, Barbara Beeler, Sally Starling, Polly Nichols, Katie Altshuler, Rita Dearmon, Pat Gambulos, Betsy Hyde, Caroline Roten, Lilly Ross, Katie James, Catherine Ratliff, Becky Roten, Sheralyn Selph, Kelsey Walters, Ruth Carey and Stacey Stiglets.