Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4121Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4098'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4034Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace: Parties, Etc.: Feb. 3
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: February 3, 2013
ARTSPACE AT UNTITLED EXHIBITION
Reception: Artspace at Untitled Art Gallery recently had the opening reception “Reflections: The photographs of Allison V. Smith & Stanley Marcus.” Smith's photographs and the photographs of her grandfather, the late Stanley Marcus, former Neiman Marcus president, had never before been exhibited together. The 60 photographs will be in place through March 30.
Seen: Allison's parents, Jerrie Marcus Smith and Fred Smith, were at the opening as was her husband, Barry Whistler.
Background: Marcus and Smith from Dallas shared a passion for photography and he gave her 5,000 slides of his personal photographs. She and her mother, Jerrie Marcus Smith, also created a book, “Reflection of a Man: The Photographs of Stanley Marcus,” in 2008.
Morning after: The next morning Allison and her mother gave a gallery walk through the exhibit giving person stories about the photographs. They also signed copies of the book. Attendees were treated to popovers with strawberry butter, a signature recipe from the Neiman Marcus Zodiac Dining Room.
What/who/where: Jennifer Strebel and Colin Mall were honorees at a wedding shower and dinner hosted by Salima and Iftikhar Ahmad, Lauren and Tucker Broiller, Naureen and Jeff Hubbard, Linda and Ron James and Laura and Austin Kirkpatrick in the Ahmad home.
How/why: Guests brought gifts for the couple, who will be married in February.
Who else: At the party were Sherry and Gary Strebel, Meredith and JB Robinson, Alisha and Kevin Dunnington, Lindsey and Kyle Newcomb, Julie Hager and Susan Sperber.
Event: Darla and John deSteiguer were in Vienna, Austria, for the official opening of Oklahoma Christian University's newly purchased facility, which was named “Das Millicanhaus.” He is president of OC. With them were OC board chairman, Don Millican, and his wife, Donna; Executive Vice President Bill Goad and his wife, Rita, and John Osborne, director of International Programs.
Festive T-shirts: For the students studying in Vienna as part of the school's study abroad program, they wore shirts that said “OC ist Heimat” which is German translation of “OC is Home.”
History: OC officials have used the property, formerly the Hotel Deutschmeister, to house students for the past few years.