Help for individuals fighting blood cancer
Regarding “Family's insurance fight goes to Web” (News, March 7): The Oklahoma chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been following the story of Lorelei Decker and her battle with Hodgkin lymphoma. I'm pleased to see that Decker will now be able to get the treatment that her doctors recommend. LLS exists to find cures for blood cancers. As the advocate for blood cancer patients and their families, LLS is committed to ensuring that they have access to quality, affordable and coordinated care.
NewsOK Related Articles
Building on amazing technologies that took decades to develop, LLS is helping to make and further discoveries that will provide every blood cancer patient with safe and effective therapy. In addition to research, the LLS Oklahoma chapter provides an array of free services, including family support groups, education programs, financial assistance and patient navigation services.
Sean Taylor Simpson, Oklahoma City
Simpson is executive director of the Oklahoma chapter of LLS.
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims