Henry Bellmon was ‘A giant in Oklahoma history’
Did you know?Interesting facts and stories about Henry Bellmon:
• Bellmon, a Republican, and George Nigh, a Democrat, were good friends and principal players in transferring power from one governor’s administration to another. In January 1963, Nigh, then lieutenant governor, served as governor for nine days after the resignation of then-Gov. J. Howard Edmondson. He then handed the office over to Bellmon. In January 1987, Nigh had served two full terms as governor and again handed the reins of government to Bellmon.
Videoview all videos
Sep 30It's hard not to be personal about Henry Bellmon.
Sep 29Former Oklahoma Governor Henry Bellmon passes away at the...
Mar 1Oklahoman columnist Bryan Painter catch up with former...
Nov 2Take a journey to Billings, Oklahoma, with former...
Photoview all 51 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
• Any Oklahoman who knows anything about Henry Bellmon knows that he was very independent. He displayed this trait in 2001 when the state Senate honored him in anticipation of his...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater