H: ° L: °,
Heritage Hall volleyball team rolling without coach
While Bill Hamiter is in London with the United States sitting volleyball team at the Paralympic Games, Chargers have started high school season strong.
Bill Hamiter is busy coaching, and the Heritage Hall volleyball team is busy winning.
The two just aren't in the same country right now.
NewsOK Related Articles
Hamiter, the Chargers' head coach, is currently in London, coaching the United States sitting volleyball team as it prepares for the Paralympic Games.
Back home, Class 5A top-ranked Heritage Hall is making him proud, opening the season with 10 straight wins, thanks to the leadership of the team's lone senior, libero Carter Cloud.
“Carter has been very mature, which is important as our only senior,” said Dana Dobson, who is filling Hamiter's void as head coach while he's in London. “We have some juniors who have stepped up in their leadership to help her.
“If I could pick anyone to be in this situation, it would be Carter.”
With two freshmen in the starting lineup at key positions, Heritage Hall is one of the younger teams around.
“At first, our youth was definitely a concern of mine,” Cloud said. “But it hasn't shown so far. We beat Cascia Hall, who beat us last year in the state finals.
“We're young, but we're experienced. So far, it hasn't shown up as a weakness.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments