High-ranking Scouts rewarded in future
Bryan Painter's “City family's Scouting legacy soars with wings of Eagles” (column, Dec. 28) says a lot about the Browning family. This includes the wives, mothers and grandmothers. These ladies held down the homefront while the men and boys were attending campouts, summer camps, adventure camps, training courses, roundtables and regular troop meetings. These ladies also washed many a load of dirty clothes, helped prepare food, assisted with court-of-honor ceremonies, worked on fundraising projects and many other chores to insure the men and boys were successful at the Scouting program.
NewsOK Related Articles
Congratulations to the men and boys on completing the Eagle requirements.
Gayle Reams, Bethany
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater