High school basketball: Defense sparks Southeast boys
HADLEY PACES BETHANY
The Bethany girls built a double-digit first-half lead and made it stand in a 69-57 victory over Tuttle.
Bethany's Grace Hadley had 24 points to lead all scorers, while Kelsi Bussert had 11 and Stephanie Agyemang added 10. Bethany led 37-22 at halftime.
Sophomore Alyssa Jones had a team-high 23 points for Tuttle.
COLLINS POURS IN 44
The OKC Storm got almost all the scoring it needed from Chauncey Collins in a 91-52 win over the McAlester boys.
Collins, a 6-foot- junior, scored a season-high 44 points as the Storm improved to 17-4 on the season. Collins has scored 30 or more in four straight games, and at least 20 in 11 of the last 12.
The Centennial boys got 32 points from 6-foot-7 junior Austin Garner in an 87-65 win over ASTEC. ... Evan Anderson scored 16 points as the Dale boys escaped with a 42-41 win over Luther. ... The Dale girls outscored Luther 20-0 in the first quarter and coasted to a 63-21 win with 25 points from Breck Clark. ... Okarche's Morgan Vogt had 26 points in a 70-48 win over the Earlsboro girls.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins