High school basketball: Future Oklahoma, Oklahoma State players in state tournaments this week
The curtain will close this weekend on the high school version of the Stephen Clark Show at Douglass, so Oklahoma State fans wanting to see their future point guard have one more chance before he heads to Stillwater in the fall.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
In fact, whether you're a fan of Oklahoma or Oklahoma State, men or women, you can check out one of their future players in state tournament action this weekend.
Clark, who recently became the eighth player in state history to surpass the 3,000-point mark for his career, will be playing in the Class 4A state tournament starting at 3:30 p.m. Thursday against Muldrow at Choctaw High School, with potential Friday and Saturday games moving to State Fair Arena.
OU fans can catch a pair of future Sooners in the Tulsa area at the Class 5A and 6A state tournaments.
Edmond Memorial's Jordan Woodard and Carl Albert's Gioya Carter — the only in-state signees in the 2013 class for the OU men's and women's teams, respectively — will be in action starting Thursday.
Woodard, who is averaging 16.8 points, 6.2 rebounds and 6.0 assists, will lead Memorial into action against Broken Arrow at 7 p.m. Thursday at Oral Roberts' Mabee Center.
The Carl Albert girls will face Tahlequah at 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Catoosa, before potentially moving to the Mabee Center for Friday's and Saturday's games.
Carter, a longtime OU fan, is averaging 18.5 points and 8.1 rebounds per game for the Titans.
The Class 4A girls tournament will include Anadarko's Lakota Beatty, who signed with Oklahoma State. She and the Warriors will take on Vinita at 7 p.m. Thursday at Southern Nazarene. SNU will host the semifinals Friday, with the title game scheduled for the Big House on Saturday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit