High school basketball: Inclement weather messes up playoff schedule
Games postponed at three boys and girls area tournaments. State tournament schedule for Classes A and B will not be released until Tuesday.
The weather is shaking up the high school basketball playoffs, with small-school area tournaments postponed at three sites Thursday night because of unsafe traveling conditions.
The postponements include boys and girls area tournaments at the Chisholm Trail Expo Center in Enid, Woodward and Cleveland. Because those sites will not complete tournament play until Monday night, the Class A and B state tournament brackets will not be released until Tuesday morning, with games to be held at State Fair Arena Feb. 28-March 2.
All other area tournaments were expected to continue as scheduled.
The Chisholm Trail Expo Center, hosting Class A Area I, is the only Class A site to be delayed, so six boys teams and six girls teams in that class will earn state tournament berths this weekend. Woodward and Cleveland are hosting Class B action, meaning half of the boys and girls fields for the state tournaments will be known by Saturday night.
In addition, postponements pushed back regional tournament games in Class 2A-6A, but many of those tournaments will still be completed Saturday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins