High school basketball: Ronnie Boyce's buzzer-beater lifts Putnam City boys
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Javeion Gray led Carl Albert with 17 points, as four Titan scorers reached double-figures.
BIGS LEAD IRISH
Bishop McGuinness coach Tondrell Durham was concerned about how his team would handle its first game back after winning the McGuinness Classic on Saturday.
Tuesday night's 57-38 win at Shawnee wasn't perfect, but Durham will take it.
“I call it the ‘after Classic hangover,'” Durham said. “It's always been a tough one for us that next game. But we came out and got the job done.”
The inside combination of Will Lienhard, the Irish's 6-foot-7 sophomore, and David Love led the way, combining for 24 points and 21 rebounds.
Lienhard had 13 points, 12 rebounds and added five blocks.
“When those two big guys are working together, it's tough on either end,” Durham said.
The Irish outrebounded Shawnee 40-18. Stephen Amalong led McGuinness with 17 points.
JOHN MARSHALL DOWNS BETHANY
John Marshall overpowered ninth-ranked Class 4A Bethany in the fourth quarter to pull away for a 66-56 win.
Junior guard Devion Smith led the No. 12 Bears with 20 points, 10 of which came in the fourth quarter. Tyler Harrison scored seven of his 14 in the fourth as well, as the Bears outscored Bethany 24-11.
Kyle Bottger had a game-high 26 points for Bethany.
Wichita State signee Shaquille Morris scored 30 points in Edmond Memorial's 73-65 win over Southmoore. ... Westmoore rallied to defeat Moore 74-66 behind 29 points from Trey Ayala. ... Southeast's Rashawn Thomas had 34 points in an 83-51 win over U.S. Grant. ... Piedmont got 19 points from Cameron Peters and 18 from Adrion Williams in a 52-46 win over Guthrie.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss