High school football: A look at the 2014 quarterbacks
Next year's class has three strong quarterback prospects in David Cornwell, Justice Hansen and Coleman Key. Here's a look at them.
The 2014 class in the state is strong at several positions but it has been awhile since the state has produced a quarterback class like the one coming up next year. Here's a look at the three big pro-style quarterbacks in the state in the class:
Videoview all videos
Dec 22A defensive lineman on The Oklahoman's All-State team,...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
David Cornwell, Norman North
As a junior: Moved from Florida to Jones last year and had a huge year for the Longhorns, throwing for 2,742 yards and 27 touchdowns against just eight interceptions. He also ran for 755 yards and six touchdowns. He's moved to Norman North now, though he needs a waiver from the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association to be able to compete next year.
Recruiting status: Cornwell has offers from Auburn, Virginia Tech, Washington State, Indiana and Tulsa. He had a great outing at the U.S. Army Combine in January and has taken recent visits to Alabama, Michigan and UCLA.
Justice Hansen, Edmond Santa Fe
As a junior: Hansen entered his senior season as a highly sought-after prospect already and lived up to expectations, throwing for 3,079 yards and 36 touchdowns with nine interceptions. He also improved as a runner, with 773 yards and 14 touchdowns on the ground.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed