High school football: Bishop McGuinness beats Shawnee 32-13
Quarterback Jacob Lewis throws for 104 yards and two touchdowns, rushes for 132 yards and two TDs
Photoview all 51 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Will Harjo hit Cody Chancellor on a wide receiver pass for a 41-yard touchdown. Harjo then caught a 32-yard strike from Lewis later in the quarter to complete the objective.
“We just thought it was really important to come out and play well early on,” Lewis said.
As for Shawnee, the Wolves are looking to rebound from a brutal two-season stretch in Class 6A. Shawnee finished 1-9 in 2011. Though their first game back in 5A was a tough one, there were some bright spots.
Sophomore quarterback John Jacobs showed a strong arm and found receiver Theo Berry twice for touchdown passes of 20 and 39 yards. The young quarterback is strong runner as well with several nice gains that were erased in the stat line due to numerous sacks by a strong McGuinness defensive line.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims