High school football: Carl Albert runs over Claremore to set up rematch with Bishop McGuinness
Using a straight-ahead attack, the Titans bruised and battered Claremore to an eventual 41-16 win on Friday night, advancing to Class 5A semifinals.
Photoview all 37 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
And that was thanks to an opportunistic Titan defense, giving up plenty of yards but capitalizing on mistakes.
Carl Albert intercepted four passes, three coming in the second half.
Thompson, who plays both ways, picked one off in the third quarter.
Then, defensive backs Bryan Williams and Dillon Lohr each took an interception back for a touchdown in the fourth quarter, turning a comfortable lead into a blowout.
“Our defense kept them down from making big plays,” Rose said. “And we made big plays ourselves.”
Next week, Carl Albert will meet Bishop McGuinness in the semifinals, a team that beat the Titans 42-32 earlier this season.
“They beat the crap out of us,” Rose said. “We weren't a very good football then. I think we are better. And we're looking forward to it.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena