High school football: Dakota Blackwell's interception seals Ada's win over Douglass
Dakota Blackwell came up with a goal-line interception that ultimately sealed Ada's 26-21 victory Friday night at Moses F. Miller Stadium.
Moments after an incredible run that appeared to swing all of the momentum to the Douglass sideline, Ada senior Dakota Blackwell turned everything back around.
Photoview all 39 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
One play after Douglass running back Chris High broke multiple tackles on an 80-yard run that put the Trojans in striking distance for a go-ahead touchdown in the final minute, Blackwell came up with a goal-line interception that ultimately sealed Ada's 26-21 victory Friday night at Moses F. Miller Stadium.
The win also finished off the Cougars' 10-0 season and first district championship since 2005.
“He's a kid who has hung around the program and hasn't played a whole lot until this year,” Ada coach Matt Weber said of the 5-foot-9, 155-pound Blackwell. “He has worked his tail off to be a good football player, and we're confident having him out there. He made a big play when we needed it.”
The Cougars took control of the game with a pair of third-quarter touchdown drives to go up 26-14, the last score a 50-yard hookup between quarterback Wyatt Robson and receiver Easton Pingleton.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister