High school football: Dakota Blackwell's interception seals Ada's win over Douglass
Dakota Blackwell came up with a goal-line interception that ultimately sealed Ada's 26-21 victory Friday night at Moses F. Miller Stadium.
Photoview all 39 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Robson threw for 306 yards with two touchdowns and rushed for another. Running back Mason Girdley added a TD and 49 hard-earned yards on the ground.
“It was tough out there,” Girdley said. “They're a good football team. We knew it was gonna be a four-quarter football game and that's what we practiced for all week. Luckily, we came out on top.”
High finished with 244 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries for Douglass, but the Ada defense made enough stops to hold on.
“We knew they were gonna be fighting tough for the district title,” Ada receiver John Stout said. “I'm proud of our guys. We really fought tough in the end, especially in the second half. We're really happy to get the win.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss