High school football: District 2A-1 should be topped by Hennessey
Running back Levi Hill has accounted for more than 3,000 yards and 37 touchdowns.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Pfleider, a 6-foot-2, 205-pound junior, will also play a vital role leading the defense at linebacker.
PARKER, MCDONALD POWER NEWKIRK OFFENSE
If you're looking for a potential breakout player in 2A-1, keep an eye on Newkirk running back Bryson Parker. The 6-foot, 195-pound senior is a four-year starter, who averaged 5.5 yards per carry over 102 touches last year and will be the featured back on an offense with seven returning starters.
He'll share the backfield with another returning starter, quarterback Brendon McDonald, a 6-foot-1, 165-pound junior.
Newkirk's schedule sets up well for the team to gain momentum before playing four of its toughest games in the final five weeks of the season.
By Scott Wright
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims