High school football: Douglass, Ada to battle for District 4A-2 title
In the end, coaches predict Douglass will edge Cougars for first place.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
District 4A-2 coaches' poll
1. Douglass (8-3)
2. Ada (6-5)
3. Glenpool (7-5)
4. Harrah (8-3)
5. Tecumseh (4-6)
6. McLoud (0-10)
7. Mannford (0-10)
8. Santa Fe South (3-7)
*-Last year's records in parentheses
ADA RETURNS TO 4A
With Ada coming down from Class 5A, the Cougars are ready to jump straight into the mix as a district title contender.
Keying the transition will be the QB-WR duo of Wyatt Robson and Easton Pingleton, who coach Matt Weber predicts will set school passing and receiving records this season.
Pingleton, 6-foot, 180 pounds, is receiving some Division I interest from programs such as Tulsa and Memphis. He'll be vital as a receiver, defensive back and return man.
Tecumseh quarterback Colton Owen, 6-5, 200 pounds, is becoming a well-known name as he climbs recruiting lists across the state, and he has some experienced receivers in Tanner Ricky, Gage Trahan and Ryland Pierce, among others ... After an 0-10 season at McLoud, the Redskins are hopeful the program is on the way up again with quarterback Joseph Wood back healthy. The 6-3, 190-pound junior would have started last season, but suffered a torn ACL before the season ... James Whitley takes over as head coach at Santa Fe South, replacing Jerry Braziel.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law