High school football: Douglass opens practice with new standout D.J. Ward
Douglass' team still vividly remembers how last season ended. That pain has turned to motivation as they opened practice with new teammate D.J. Ward, a Lawton transfer.
Videoview all videos
Aug 7Luther High School football players work out on the...
Aug 7The oppressive heat Tuesday didn't seem to bother the...
Aug 7Ryan Aber and Mike Sherman discuss how high school...
Aug 7Ryan Aber and Mike Sherman discuss the recent transfer of...
Photoview all 19 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Now I can get rest at night, because I know we've got somebody to pick it up on the other side of the defense,” Clark said with a smile. “It's gonna be fun this year.”
Ward admittedly was frustrated that he had to leave his lifelong home of Lawton just as he reached his senior year, but he's also excited about the possibilities at Douglass, once he gets settled in.
“It's been hectic getting up here and trying to learn the plays and all that. We're still trying to get situated with the move,” Ward said. “We can do big things with this team. I think a state run is something we can be looking at.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit