The Class B and Class C championships are now both slated for next Saturday at Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford.
For some teams, they are looking at the postponements as a way to get some injured kids healthy.
But the coaches also hope the winter weather at least delivers some snow, making the decision even more correct.
“I understand what the OSSAA is trying to do,” Kingfisher coach Jeff Myers said. “The unfortunate thing is weather is not an exact science. The bad thing would be come tomorrow or Friday, it would be very unfortunate if things ended up being not as bad as they were predicting and we end up not doing things when they very well could have possibly gone on.
“But I'm not going to gripe. There's nothing like playing football the whole entire first semester.”