High school football: Fox rolls over Oklahoma Christian Academy
Quarterback Taylor Townsend completed 12-of-22 passes for 229 yards and five touchdowns — three to Keaton Argo — on Friday night as Fox, ranked No. 4 in Class B, rolled to a 48-24 win over Oklahoma Christian Academy at OCA Eagle Field.
Photoview all 48 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Eagles muffed the subsequent kickoff and Fox recovered at the OCA 29. On the next play, Seth Argo caught a 29-yard touchdown pass to make it 26-8 with 1:59 left in the half. Townsend was called for intentional grounding in the end zone in the final minute of the half, giving the Eagles a safety, but the damage had been done.
A 19-yard touchdown run by Deaunta Winslett on Fox's first second-half series put the Foxes up 34-10 and OCA came no closer than 18 points after that.
The Eagles committed five turnovers and managed just 94 passing yards and 223 yards of offense. On defense, they couldn't stop Keaton Argo, who had seven catches for 155 yards.
Jacob rushed for two touchdowns and 34 yards on 10 carries for OCA, while Nathaniel Garner had 15 carries for 38 yards and a score and caught seven passes for 32 yards for the Eagles.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims