High school football: Hard-running Tuttle grinds out 56-34 win over Blanchard
Tuttle clinches home berth for first round of the playoffs. Blanchard, which lost its first game of the season, will go on the road.
Photoview all 39 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Then Gregory and his line went to work. Gregory bolted to the corner of the end zone for a 26-yard score that provided Tuttle the go-ahead points with 6:15 left in the third quarter. Gregory took off on two more scoring runs. His 28-yarder gave Tuttle a 49-28 advantage at the 7:05 mark of the fourth. Tanner Brannon added a 21-yard touchdown run with 1:25 left.
Meanwhile, Tuttle held Blanchard without a first down in the second half until six minutes remained in the game. Tuttle picked off three Lamle passes in the second half. Lamle threw for 262 yards and touchdowns and ran for 111 yards and two touchdowns on 12 carries, but those came in the first half.
“These guys do a great job with the spread offense,” Koons said of Blanchard. “Their quarterback ran all over us the first half.”
Tuttle finished up doing more of the running on the night.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims