High school football: How the blue-chippers fared during Thursday night scrimmages
Deer Creek quarterback Joel Blumenthal passes for three touchdowns, runs for three against Putnam West
Justice Hansen and Khari Harding, Edmond Santa Fe
Hansen, one of the top state recruits for 2014, had a tough start to the scrimmage but settled in. The quarterback hit Dale Jefferson for a 30-yard touchdown pass on fourth down with just more than three minutes remaining to put the Wolves ahead 13-10 before Norman North came back to win.
Photoview all 18 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Harding, an Arkansas commit, didn't make any highlight-reel hits like he's been known for, but Norman North largely avoided going to his side.
Josh Morgan, Westmoore
Morgan, who led Class 6A in tackles last season, anchored the Jaguars defense that showed flashes of being really good, keeping Lawton Eisenhower scoreless.
Joel Blumenthal, Deer Creek
Blumenthal had a big night Thursday in the Antlers' scrimmage at Putnam City West.
The senior tossed three touchdown passes and ran for three scores. On the ground, Blumenthal scored on runs of 8, 10 and 45 yards.
Through the air, he connected with Jared Rayburn, Jacob Anderson and Alec James on scoring strikes of 69, 39 and 27 yards.
“We wanted to come out and make a statement,” Blumenthal said. “There are a few routes I want to brush up on before the first game, but overall, I felt really sharp. This is what we have been waiting for since the spring. If we didn't come out here and look like this, I would have been disappointed.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma